Our Very Own Personal Miracle!

This is a momento consisting of bits and pieces about being a new mommy, our adoption experience, and the faith that sustains us. Memoirs that are stored in my treasure box called life.

Friday, August 13, 2010

The thing I love about daycare....

... walking in to pick Kellen up after a long day.  I pull up, walk in and walk down the hall to his classroom.  I peek through the window to see what he is doing before he sees me.  I watch him for about 5 minutes as he plays on the floor with various things; books, cups, blocks, etc. Lately he is crawling around to the different play stations trying to decide what he wants to do.  Once I have soaked up enough of his cuteness to make me feel like the luckiest person on the planet, I walk in very slowly.  I stand at the door for a few seconds and call his name "Kellen-ator!".  Everyday, he follows the same reaction routine in which he turns toward my voice, stops what he is doing, looks up at me for a couple seconds and then screams with the biggest smile on his face.  I used to walk over and pick him up but  now that he can crawl he speeds over to me and reaches for me to pick him up.  I look into his eyes and say "Hi Buddy- did you have a good day?" - and kiss him repeatedly on his cheeks until he screams again.  I then say "let's go see daddy" and he shakes his arms and screams "heyyyyyyyyy".

Love could not be more perfect than this.

My kid knows he is loved from the minute his daddy wakes him  up to get ready in the morning to the minute I lay him down to sleep at night.

Bliss.

2 comments:

  1. Oh I love this post. Very timely for me as we are sending Thomas to his first day at day care in a couple weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss my little man...:-) This picture of Kellen in the boppy with Booker lookin at him is histerical...love the look on Kellen's face...lol

    ReplyDelete